About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a scrapbook hoarder. I love to scrapbook and I hope that I can offer some inspiration to you and get inspiration from your blogs as well.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Roller Skating

I went roller skating today. It's been 20+ years since I've been on roller skates and I managed to fall 2 times in
2 1/2 hours but I had a blast. I put on those skates and the memories of being at the rollerskating rink when I was a tween came flooding back. I also managed to burn major calories today and because I was at the rink skating I didn't eat lunch so my overall calorie intake for today vs. my exercise today was great. I told my hubby that this is going to be a standing Saturday event for me. I cannot wait to get back out there and practice more so I can get back to the type of rollerskating I was used to, dancing and going fast. I was really afraid that I would be embarrassed or fall and break an arm or wrist but it really didn't hurt too much when I fell. My legs and feet are sore tonight but it was SO worth it to me. They always say that you should do an exercise that you enjoy and I have always LOVED skating but just got away from it once I had kids. If there is something out there that you love to do but you're afraid of failure or embarrassment, don't be, just do it, you'll be glad you did.